10.23.2009

{the dish} lemon lamb kabobs

photo by amy twomey

There is something about lamb. i just love it. It feels like a better quality of meat to me. I try to cut off as much fat as I can while preparing kabobs because it tends to be a fattier meat, but it is simply divine and a treat as it tends to be on the pricey side of our food budget. The entire family loves these kabobs! We just made these last week and had a few left over so I cut up the lamb for the kids sandwiches the next day at school.

lemon lamb kabobs by amy twomey


ingredients
2 1/2 lbs cut ground lamb for kabobs
3 garlic cloves
1 medium yellow onion
1/2 lemon, rind only finely grated
1/2 lemon, squeeze juice
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp ground cumin
2 1/2 T. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix all of the above ingredients together, adding meat last. Coat meat well, and let marinate for a few hours if you can. Put meat on skewers and grill the lamb until browned and ready to eat.

I love eating this with white rice and a good side like my Indian butternut squash or sauteed almond mushrooms and for sure ann's spinach salad from over at dollop. This is a really easy meal because all of your prep work is done ahead and you just throw it on the grill.

5 comments:

amy and ann said...

This looks fabulous! Can't wait to try. Lamb is my favorite!
ann

We Blog Artists said...

SOUNDS and LOOKS SOOooooo good...I'm craving meat right now...may have to pass by the Butcher's this aft.
Char

Leah said...

Just had Indian lamb curry for lunch and it was divine.

Have a great weekend!

Joyce said...

I bet my love would enjoy this. thanks for the recipe. Have a golden weekend. xoxo

christina said...

oh your calling my name with these. : )