5.28.2010

{the dish} nutty pork chops

When all else fails make pork chops and everyone's happy. The kids love them, my husband and I think they are a nice change from our chicken, beef rut we tend to get into. We don't eat pork very often, but when we do nutty pork chops are always a big hit. Although truth be had 2 of our 3 children do scrape off the nuts. One day!


heat the oven to 350 and start smashing nuts. Coat the pork well with sour cream and then cover with nut and spice mixture.


and bake. How easy is that?


nutty baked pork chops
by amy twomey

6 thick pork chops
sour cream
almonds, walnuts, smashed
salt & pepper
dash of cayenne pepper

Put what ever kind of nuts you have sitting around in a bag and smash them. I happen to have almonds and walnuts...so I mixed them up together with a dash of cayenne pepper. Coat the pork chops evenly with sour cream (can use egg mixture if you are not a sour cream fan), and place in smashed nut bag coating pork as much as can. Place the pork chops in a buttered baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until tender and cooked well. Serves 4 to 6 people. Salt and pepper to taste.

5 comments:

amy and ann said...

These look great amy. Great job. I could see a nutty chicken to!
Have a great weekend!

ann

Lori P said...

This looks so good! I prefer pork chops over chicken. I'm copying this recipe. thanks and have a great weekend.

We Blog Artists said...

never tried pork and nuts...but AM going to this weekend...so easy and I know my gang here will love it.
Thanks for sharing!!!
HUGS
Char

Punctuation Mark said...

this looks really yummy!!! have a nice weekend!

christina said...

this is too easy! and i love easy!
xo