10.30.2009

{delightful} two pumpkin pies

photo by amy twomey

Every single time I make a pie I want two. One to bring a neighbor or a dinner host. Tonight we are going to a friends house for dinner, and what better way then to arrive with a pumpkin pie in hand. I found the best gluten free pie crust pre-made in Whole Food's gf freezer section. It is amazing and they sell the pie crusts as a pair. So this recipe is for two pumpkin pies, one for you and one for a friend. Something to get us all in the Halloween spirit.

two pumpkin pies by amy twomey

ingredients
2 15 oz cans of pumpkin(I like the organic one)
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. sea salt
1 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. ground cloves
2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1/2 c. brown sugar give or take

mix all of the above well and pour evenly into two pie crusts. Put in a pre-heated over at 450 for 15 min and then 350 for an additional 35 and the last 5-10 min add crumbles of sprinkled brown sugar. Remove and let cool and serve.

5 comments:

amy and ann said...

pumpkin pie is one of my favorites. I am so glad you found a good crust. Yum. Can't wait.

ann

frenchie said...

never, ever had pumpkin pie...
but that looks yummy!
have a lovely weekend!
x

We Blog Artists said...

Pumkin Pie is deeeeelish...I have never attempted to make it though!
Happy Halloween!
Char

Joyce said...

Can I be your neighbor?! Have a golden and Happy Halloween! xo

paula said...

would you mind sending one my way. i am quite hungry.